This update is inclusive of and residential burglaries and theft from vehicle crimes this month so far (Sunday 1st – Friday 6th).
There have been 6 residential burglaries and 3 theft from vehicle crimes across Heald Green, Gatley, Cheadle Village, & Cheadle Hulme.
Gatley: There were three residential burglaries that all occurred between 2am – 4am on Wednesday 4thJuly. All within close proximity to Gatley Carrs.
· The first involved a rear PVC door being smashed in order to gain access to the property to steal a vehicle.
· The second involved a kitchen window being forced in order to steal vehicle keys from the worktop and make off in the stolen vehicle.
· The third was another forced kitchen window, however this one involved an untidy search of the property with nothing of note being taken.
There was also a theft from vehicle crime in Gatley between 22:00 on Tuesday 3rd – 13:00 on Wednesday 4th whereby a set of vehicle registration plates were stolen from a vehicle on a street off Delamere Rd.
· There was a residential burglary between the hours of 07:50-16:15 on Tuesday 3rd July whereby a rear door has been smashed and an untidy search has been conducted, but similar to the one above, nothing of note was taken.
· There was another residential burglary at approximately 2am on Wednesday 4th July whereby offenders have stolen two sets of car keys via a ground floor open window and made off in two stolen vehicles.
There were no theft from vehicle crimes in Cheadle Hulme.
Heald Green: There was a residential burglary at approximately 12:50pm on Tuesday 3rd July whereby offenders gain access via a ground floor open window, conduct an untidy search taking items such as Cash/Jewellery.
There were two theft from vehicle crime in Heald Green:
· Items were stolen from inside a vehicle by unknown means on Outwood Rd overnight Tuesday – Wednesday.
· Items were stolen from inside a vehicle, again by unknown means, in the B&Q carpark, Stanley Green Retail Park, between 09:15-09:30hrs.
Cheadle Village: There have been no residential burglaries or theft from vehicle crimes in the Cheadle Village area so far this month.
Advice/information: Click the below link to read GMP’s article to help keep your home safe this summer…
‘Don’t give burglars an open invitation this summer’ – http://www.gmp.police.uk/live/nhoodv3.nsf/SocialTwitterFeed/C6F0276EE030FC9280257D2D00449F44