The next Cheadle Area Committee is on Tuesday 7th August 2018, starting at 6pm. The venue is Trinity Church, Massie Street, Cheadle and – as ever – all are welcome.
With no planning applications and a relatively short agenda, this might even be one our quicker meetings (though don’t hold us to that).
Here’s what’s on the agenda:
- Gatley Village Partnership applying for £1,000 towards improvements to the war memorial at Gatley Green, including better disabled access. Total cost for the whole project is £7073.42.
- Cheadle & Gatley Junior Football Club is applying for £1,000 towards balls, equipment and venue hire over the year (total cost £2,500).
- No planning applications
- Proposal for double yellow lines at the junction of Wensley Road and Gatley Road, Cheadle. 30 local households had letters consulting them on the proposals. 12 replied, of which 10 (83%) were in favour and 2 against. If we approve it, the plan will be legally advertised before coming back to Area Committee.
- Proposal for either single or double yellow lines on Milton Cresent around the private road where 13 Milton Crescent is situated. Local residents were a little more split on this one. Of 18 households consulted, 13 replies were received. 9 of those (70%) were in favour , 3 against and one undecided. If a proposal is agreed, it will be legally advertised.
- Proposal for double yellow lines at the junction of Cherrington Road and Broadway, Cheadle. 88% of residents agreed with this one, and again the next step will be legal advertising.
- Proposal for extended double yellow lines opposite the entrance to Church Court on Hall Street, Cheadle to help residents manoeuvre in and out of the parking area. Six letters were sent (to the six households on Church Court) with the one person who responded being in favour. Next step is a legal advert if approved.
- Event application from Edgeley-based Soul Creations for an event around the scout hut in Abney Hall Park on 25th August for an artisan market and community fun day.