by Iain Roberts on 11 October, 2018
Cheadle Medical Practice is looking for community champions.
• Champions are people of all ages and backgrounds who voluntarily give their time to work with their GP practice to support people within the local community.
• Champions help the practice to meet the non-clinical needs of patients, for example, organising or finding social, creative and other enjoyable activities to help people who may be feeling isolated, lonely or learning to live with a long term condition.
• They complement the work of GP practice staff.
Who can become a Community Champion?
Community champions are patients who volunteer with their GP practice to support local people to improve health and wellbeing. We are looking for people who:
• Want to develop and/or share their own passion, skills, knowledge or life experience to benefit others
• Are happy to talk, listen and work together with different people and community groups
• Show equal respect to all kinds of people
• Are able to understand the boundaries of the role and respect confidentiality
• Are able, or willing to learn, to connect with others through mobile apps or email
• Are not currently holding
The two PDF documents below give more information, and allow you to submit your interest in the position.4 Comments