The next Cheadle Area Committee is Tuesday 11 December 2018, 6pm at Trinity Church, Massie Street, Cheadle. The meeting is open to everyone, and will also appear on the council webcast a day or two after the meeting.
Here’s what’s coming up:
- Funding application from Cafe Unity for additional Christmas lights in the trees in Heald Green, costing £982.10.
- Funding application for £1,040 from SK8 Networking for pea lights for Christmas decorations on Finney Lane, Heald Green.
- Funding application for £4,000 from Chelwood Foodbankplus to purchase additional toiletry items and kitchen essentials ahead of the expected increased demand due to Universal Credit rollout.
- There are no planning applications coming to Area Committee this month
- Report back on the proposed changes to polling stations and polling districts
- Stockport Homes report (impressively, this is a single page summarising all the work they’ve been doing).
- Proposal to widen bridleway between Cheadle Road and Old Wool Lane, towards Cheadle College, and to widen the footway on Cheadle Road to the college, to become shared footpath/cycle paths.
- Proposal for dropped kerbs onto The Griffin car park off Finney Lane.
- Proposal for bollards on either side of the entrance to Heald Green Health Centre, off Queensway
- Event application for St Cuthbert’s Church Nativity procession through Jubilee Park, 2-3pm, 24 December.
- Event application for a Parkrun in Bruntwood Park, 5 January 2019.
- Event application for continuation of weekly club sessions at BMX track, Bruntwood Park every Saturday morning 8.30am to noon from 5th January and every Wednesday evening 6-8pm from 3rd April through to October.
Full papers here.