Cheadle and Gatley Liberal Democrats

Demand more Learn more

Latest GMSF proposals announced on Monday 7 Jan

by Iain Roberts on 4 January, 2019

The latest version of the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework (GMSF) is set to be announced on Monday 7 January 2019 by Mayor Andy Burnham and the leaders of the ten authorities – including Stockport.

The GMSF sets out where new homes and business premises will be built over the next 20 years, and the infrastructure to support them.

We expect the latest plans to see a reduction in building on the Green Belt compared to the much-criticised 2016 proposals, but all the indications are that there will still be some Green Belt release.

An 8-week consultation on the plans will start on 21 January.

12 Comments

12 Responses

1. Peter Loader says:

Can you tell me about plans to reduce the green belt in Gatley by building houses on Gatley Golf Course.

2. Dave says:

I too am in need of info. re the proposed purchase of land from Gatley Gold Club by Peel Holdings. 200 new houses proposed in green belt land!!???

3. John H says:

Has anyone got any information or is this a rumour / false news

4. Alan says:

This is not a rumour. Gatley Golf Club are currently in negotiation for the sale of their land to developers who include Peel Holdings.

5. Dave says:

Presume that councilllors will support local residents in opposing sell off of a local amenity to protect the neighbourhood and to preserve wildlife.

6. Terry says:

My understanding of CASC status is that any sale of assets my not be distributed amongst members.
    They may only be re-invested in the Sports Club, transferred to the governing body (R&A) or transferred to another CACS

So I don’t see what Gatley would have to gain by sale of whole club ?

7. Anne says:

I too am in need of clarification of this I live bordering the course and hAve a tree preservation order .I have been informed that members hope to receive a £100000 payoff if successful! Each!! They have to convert the club into a limited company in order to do this.it is in the hands of solicitors at the moment.Disgusting! Can anyone enlighten me further?

8. Ruth says:

Hi – I’m thinking of purchasing a property that overlooks Gatley Golf club – the views are lovely. If Peel or any other developers have bought the land and are planning on building houses – my retirement might turn out to be a nightmare of endless building!! Could anyone enlighten me if Peel have bought the land and what they are planning or where I can find out. thanks