The latest Cheadle Area Committee was held at 6pm on Tuesday 29 January 2019 at Trinity Church, Massie Street, Cheadle.
Here’s what was decided:
- Plans to restructure the Council’s public realm service
- The application from Heald Green Ratepayers for £9,000 towards the £11,540 cost of a community-owned and operated CCTV system for the main Heald Green retail area on Finney Lane was withdrawn.
- Application from Gatley Village Partnership for £400 towards the costs of publicity and school caretaker for Gatley Sports Day – which will be held at Kingsway School this year – was approved.
- Application from Cheadle Get Connected for £200 towards promotional costs for Dementia Friends sessions was postponed.
- Application from Grove Lane Baptist Church, Cheadle Hulme for £1000 towards the £7000 of replacing the kitchen cupboards, drawers and sink was approved.
- Planning application DC/071904 – first floor rear extension and construction of front portico at 175 Stanley Road, Heald Green. It came to committee because the house is in the green belt. We recommended the application for approval.
- The committee received a report on the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework consultation plans
- Report on the plans for the former Orrishmere Primary School site – there are still no firm plans after several years.
- We received a progress report on the works at Abney Hall Park and Roscoe’s Roundabout. It underlined the replacement of every tree being cut down with two new trees: oaks and alders 4-6m tall along the main path.
- Proposal for 20mph speed limit on easterly part of Ladybridge Park Estate, Cheadle Hulme was approved.
- Double yellow lines at junction of Broadway and Cherington Road – Cheadle: following an objection, we approved a revised scheme of single yellow lines that just apply at the start and end of school.
- Proposal for double yellow lines on Wensley Road/Gatley Road in Cheadle approved.
- Proposal for double yellow lines on Hall Street, Cheadle opposite Church Court approved.
- Request for approval for additional funding to cover the cost of Christmas lights in Cheadle & Gatley approved.
- Application for BMX event at Bruntwood Park on 14 July 2019 approved.
You can see the full reports and webcast here.