Cheadle Area Committee met on 9 April 2019, the last meeting for Cllr Paul Porgess and Cllr Sylvia Humphreys, who are standing down after 60 years of combined service.
Here’s what’s was decided.
- Graham Greenhalgh reported back on the council survey of residents for a chicane on High Grove Road. We were hoping for a clear steer, but residents are still split on the idea. 27 residents support the plan with 25 opposing and slightly more not responding. We will take more time to consider the options.
- Application from Friends of Scholes Park for 4 community planter raised beds to plant and grow fruit, vegetables and herbs by the railway track with help from local school children for £1000 was approved..
- Application from Cheadle Get Connected for £200 towards creating a dementia-friendly community in Cheadle was approved.
- Planning application 72346 for a 68 Bedroom care home on the site of the former Queens Arms pub in Cheadle. This came to planning previously as application 69999, but there was an error in that application. This new application corrects that error so the full information needed to decide it is included. However, councillors were concerned that some issues may not have been resolved, so requested a site visit and a final decision by Planning and Highways Committee.
- Planning application 72253 for a part-retrospective application to alter a detached garage at 2 South Drive, Gatley to form a new garden room was approved, with a condition that it cannot be converted into a separate residence.
- Planning application 71947 for enlargement and extension of 96 Styal Road was recommended to be granted.
- Proposal for extended double yellow lines on Schools Hill an extra 5m on the left from Daylesford Crescent was approved.
- An alternative of single yellow lines either side of the entrance to 13 Milton Crescent and H-bars protecting the driveways opposite has been proposed was approved.
- Application for use of Gatley Rec and Gatley Hill playing fields for Gatley Festival 28-30 June was approved.
- Application for use of Abney Hall Park for Picnic in the Park on Sunday 21 July was approved.
- Application for Heald Green Festival was approved.