Last night’s Cheadle Area Committee was at Trinity Church, Massie Street, Cheadle starting at 6pm.
Here’s what was discussed and decided:
- Several issues raised about the area including the ongoing issue of the pavements on Cheadle High Street.
- Cheadle Get Connected, a great community company that’s been started to help combat loneliness (especially among older people) and to make Cheadle village dementia friendly, gave a presentation.
- Cheadle Village Partnership was given funding towards the Cheadle Victorian Christmas Market
- Gatley Village Partnership was given funding towards the Gatley Sports Day
- Planning application 64219 (demolish bungalow and build a new house at 116 Bolshaw Road, Heald Green) was approved with conditions.
- Planning application 66147 (convert first floor roof terrace to a room) for 160 Styal Road was recommended for approval. The house is in the Green Belt so it goes to the council’s main Planning & Highways Committee for a final decision.
- We had a brief discussion about the Stockport Local Plan and the SEMMMS refresh – which we’ll write more about in a separate story, because they’re very important!