Cheadle Area Committee met at 6pm this evening at Trinity Church, Massie Street, Cheadle and lasted for about two and half hours.
Full agenda and reports here.
- Community Payback have been clearing up on Bulkeley Road among other locations
- Network Rail are going to clear up pidgeon poo under the Gatley Road railway bridge
- The Council has been attending to the fly-tipping on Massie Street car park, especially around the old toilet block. We’re told it seems to be getting a bit better.
- Application from East Cheshire Musical Theatre Company for £1000 funding to help stage a musical. The company is based at Bradshaw Hall, and we donated £500 towards it (other wards were asked for the rest of the money).
- Application from Pure Innovations for £1000 towards The Kitchen – a project to create a community based space for people to “eat, drink and meet”. We donated £100 towards it (other wards were asked for the remaining £900)
- Planning application DC/069999 to redevelop the former Queens Arms pub on Stockport Road, Cheadle into a 68 bed care home was sent to the Planning & Highways Committee, and for a site visit. We were disappointed that no planning consultant or agent attended the meeting to speak. One of the architects did come, but did not have the knowledge of the whole scheme to be able to deal with all the issues.
- Planning application DC/069309 to change the use of 25 St Ann’s Road North, Heald Green to a residential respite care home for up to 4 autistic children was approved.
- Planning application DC/070873 for side, rear and first floor extensions to 183 Styal Road, Heald Green was approved.
- Review of polling stations and polling districts – was noted with some comments.
- Brookfield Park Shiers Family Trust – to report on the money in the trust (which local councillors oversee for the benefit of the community). We’ve given out quite a bit of money to good causes in the last year, but could still put out nearly £60,000 while still maintaining the fund in real terms. We’re looking at how best to do that.
- Proposal to fill in potholes on Birch Road (an unadopted road heavily used for school parking in Gatley) at a cost of £850 was approved.
- Proposal to install 4 additional bollards on York Close at the junction with Councillor Lane was approved, with the possibility of additional bollards.
- Report on a road safety consultation around Meadowbank Primary and proposals for additional yellow lines, bollards and signs was approved.
- Proposal for build-out paving at the exit from Gatley Green onto Church Road to help stop cars driving the wrong way along Gatley Green was approved.
- A proposal for double yellow lines at the junction of Manston Drive and Cheadle road came back to Area Committee after an objection to the plan from residents of Regency Court. It was approved.
- A proposal for double yellow lines at the junction of Ashbourne Avenue and Palmer Avenue came back to Area Committee after an objection that it will remove an on-street parking space. It was approved.